My day started early, with a wake up call at 7:00 am. Had a 'breakfast' and then left for the Nissan dealers. Had to stand around a bit, since they only start work at 8:00 am. So along comes James and intros himself, and I tell him my story. Not a problem.... Well the honest truth, it wasn't! Went smooth and I got the color Nissan Maxima I wanted and about $50 buck more than I'm paying for my truck. I thought it was a good deal, (I know that somewhere along the line I got screwed, But as long as the customer don't think so, it don't matter) Transferred all my "stuff" from my truck to my new car, (they even filled up the tank for me, I felt so special). I left Columbia at 12:45 pm.
Funny thing with the sales guy, he tells me, after receiving, I don't know how many calls from his wife, (while we were doing the deal). That she was being very "questionable" today, his words not mine. So he tells me that they are planning to move house this week, and they have to move to a temporary small apartment. She is 8 months pregnant and they have two sons under the age of 4 years! SO, I tell, or rather ask him, "then why are you here?" Should you not be there helping her packing etc? I then tell him, listen to this advice, from an old fool who's been there and done that. She will remember this day, until the day you die! She will tell your children, and your children's, children about this day, she will tell her friends and neighbors, your mother and worse still HER mother. The day, that mommy, had to pack the house hold stuff into boxes, and loaded the truck, and carried the furniture on my back, drove the truck to the apartment. Then had to carry all the stuff up two flights of stairs, by this time this guy was hosing himself... I carry on, and I say, she will put this on your grave stone, "To my, "beloved" husband, who deserted me in my hour of need, to go to work and sell cars, instead of helping me pack for a move, we made, 50 years ago"
I'm traveling, enjoying the new ride, and I'm about 150 miles away from Columbia, he calls me, "I have made restitution with my wife", Now it was my turn to laugh.... funny.... He tells me in the next breath, "tomorrow is our anniversary", I tell him, "guy, if you miss this day she will certainly plan your early demise!" Cool guy, for a salesman.. LOL.
Her is a tube of my car. This is not my car (mine is new) but it gives you an idea..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9l8ovN5sqM
Tonight I'm sleeping over at "Grand something", all I know it is 700 miles away from "old faithful". Tomorrow I leave early for this "old watchamacallit"
Later...
H