Thursday, May 3, 2007

For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been.'

Life can sometimes deal us a cruel hand … well, only if it is not the one we want!

I'm talking about meeting someone that you know will make an excellent partner. But, alas! She belongs to another! Phrases like thou shall not covet….thy neighbor's wife, nor his maidservant, nor… etc. Get the picture? I, not too long ago, met this person and, well, let me say I was drawn to her like a moth to a flame. She is so utterly beautiful and exciting and all the "ands" I can think of, but she is married.

Fortunately I am a moral person and would never dream of causing her any complications in her relationship. But let me say, in another life, and if she was available, she would have known my intentions! I would have drummed down her door. That is to say if she would even have looked my way!

She has the qualities I look for in a woman; intelligence, beauty, sense of humor, blue eyes, blond hair, the right height. I can go on and on, but she is taken.

This was totally incidental and unintentional and started off with us just doing things together. I'm very sure that she was not aware of my attraction to her and just considered me a friend. Don't you hate that? One has the crazies for another person and that person looks and treats one as a friend. But the more time I spent with her the more this one-sided bond grew.

My intentions will never be made known to her as I do not want to damage her relationship nor spoil the "friendship" that we have. In any case, I need to look elsewhere for another like her. That, I know, is an formidible task. But the quest goes on.

Later…