Got back home at around 4:00pm, in time for a shower, shampoo etc. I dialed in Todd and Denise's' address, into my HTC EVO 4g, what-cha-ma-call-it, and set off on my, wench, directed journey to their home. It, (the what-cha-ma-call-it), estimated I'd be there at 5:03pm! Due to an argument, with the wench, I arrived after 5:05pm! But nevertheless I got there. I was greeted by a Lab, Todd, and Jacob riding on a ATV! After Todd introduced himself, Denise came running out, and insisted I not walk through the garage, as Todd and I had planned to do. She has this thing about first time visitors walking around the house to the front door, (which added more time to my journey), and then into the house.
I was then introduced to Kayla, who where upon gave me a doll, she had made, and a note welcoming me to their home and hoped I'd enjoy it, she had specially written it in cursive! What a treat, I was truly blessed by that. Thank you to Kayla for the warm welcome...
We all went out onto the porch/veranda/patio and what a view! In the distant the sea! The property on which the house is built is 5 acres of well kept lawn and gardens, with this amazing view of the sea. Of course I needed to see Denise's work office, (she and I work together, remotely, on a help project), so naturally I needed to see it. Well what did I expect? She has a gorgeous view of the same sea, just mentioned above. So, there I sit, in Orlando, looking at a blank wall and she has the beautiful sea view! Where did I go wrong, I ask myself, with tears in my navy blue eyes!! Back outside, Todd was preparing a BBQ, with BBQ'd corn on the cob. Denise made a salad and we had a great meal together.
After dinner we sat around talking about, my 'life' in Africa. I, surely, bored the dickens out of them, but, as I was a guest, so, they were too polite to say otherwise, but I know better...LOL. Be that as it may, we had a great time together, and I was glad I made the effort to visit them. We said our goodbyes, and I, homeward bound, with the 'wench'. Just to mention 'she' and I, had few, if any, arguments on the way home....
Later
Hendrik
Published with Blogger-droid v1.5.5.2