Thursday, April 5, 2007

My life in a nut shell

My belief system started at a very young age and although I had things explained to me I never really came to full knowledge of what I believed in until many years later. And, this after my "rebellious" stage in life and all my philandering! I wish I could tell you that I had a "Damascus" eye opener you know? Something like, a dramatic conversion, from drugs, sex, jail and booze. But sorry nothing like that! But in my own way I have a story to tell, albeit, a "mild" one. Coming from a fatherless home I did not have a "father" role model and one would have expected me to go off the rails. But no, you see (and I only realized this later), God had His protecting hand on me all, throughout; my life. So from that young age when I asked for His presence He was always there! I wish I could tell you that your problems would go away by just believing, but it is a gradual process that is a day by day, let's call it a "walk". But I assure you that once you have made this decision, like I did, life can only get better!

I was always filled with fear of loneliness. I am alone in a crowd and find it extremely difficult to make friends. But lately I have abandoned the dogmatic way I have read the Bible and have come to a new freedom in Christ that I never thought I'd have. I have been forgiven, and this is a one time, spatial act and is PAST and DONE. I am loved by this entity called God and I know He cares for me. Wow! How do I know...? He sent His son to die for me, this is care, and this is love! Nothing can surpass that. And the, making friends', thing? I still have that, but, together we are working on that.